Powered by Blogger.

My Beauty Essentials!

Every girl has those couple of beauty essentials that they couldn't live without.......and these are mine!!

No. 1
My GHD Straightener


This is hands-down my number one essential! Seriously, what did we all do before GHD's?!?

Yes they are fairly expensive, but they are definitely worth it. I've had mine for about 3 years now (it's the same one as the one in the picture :) Purpley!) and I use it nearly everyday so it was money well spent!!

This amazing little invention has cut my hair styling time in half and makes it so quick and easy to straighten and curl my hair, which means less time messing around with my hair and more time sleeping in before work!

No. 2
Concealer


Ahhh concealer! What would I do without you to disguise my tired eyes after a big night out? :)

I have been using Lancome Effacernes Concealer in No. 02 Beige Sable for about 4 years now and its the best concealer I've ever used. Its got a really nice texture, natural colour and a little bit goes a very long way.

No. 3
Mascara


There are some beauty products that you really can't skimp on. I'm willing to spend money on things like concealer and foundation, but the one item I have found is just as good whether it be a luxury or cheaper brand is mascara.

I have used mascara by Lancome, YSL, Rimmel and Maybelline and honestly can't say that I notice the difference in them - although my bank account sure does!!

I'm using Maybelline Colossal at the moment and I LOVE it! It makes my lashes look huuuuge and its not clumpy at all. I use the waterproof one and it truly lasts and lasts, I have to use makeup remover to get it off, its got great staying power!

No. 4
Self Tanner


I think that in this day and age self tanner is a necessity - we all know the harmful effects of the sun and have no excuse to bake ourselves anymore!

St Tropez is my favourite self tanner. Its easy to apply and it is such a natural colour, no Oompa Loompa faces here ladies! :)

It is on the more expensive side, but I think its worth it as the colour is so great and one bottle lasts for ages!

No. 5
Tinted Moisturiser


Like self tanner, I think that this product is necessary to keep your skin protected from the elements. As I live in the tropics (where the UV index is in the 'extreme' range all year round) this is very important to me.

I use Invisible Zinc Tinted Moisturiser, as it gives me that little bit of colour while still giving me SPF 30+ protection. Its not too thick and oily either like some sunscreens, so it won't cause breakouts!

No. 6
Lucas Papaw Ointment


Lucas Papaw Ointment is one of the best multi-purpose beauty products around!

I'm not sure if many of you outside of Australia have heard of this product, but I think that nearly EVERY girl in Australia has this in their handbag!


It is made from the fruit Papaw (or Papaya) and has amazing anti-bacterial purposes. This ointment can be used on cuts, burns, chafing, insect bites, splinters, pimples, rashes and is the MOST amazing lip balm you will ever use!!

It is one of those products that has reached a cult status and has celebrity followers such as Naomi Watts, Whitney Port, Sadie Frost, Cate Blanchett, Gok Wan, Miranda Kerr and Rachel Bilson.

Its so great and super cheap, and is slowly making its way into the UK and US - so keep your eye out for this little gem!! :)

What are your must-have beauty products??

Much Love xx


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP