Powered by Blogger.

Stormy Birmingham Race Course with Greyhounds and Perseid Meteors




One stormy evening while traveling home the combination of clouds, dusk, and lightening made for some interesting light.  Fortunately, I had my camera, but had to quickly think of a place where I could take full advantage of the light.  About that time, I passed a sign for the Birmingham Race Course and off I turned.  It had literally been decades since I had been to the track.  In fact, the only time I had been there was for a business outing, and they were racing horses not greyhounds.  As it turned out, the lighting and location were great.  As it got a little darker and the sky cleared, you could occasionally see a few Perseid Meteors streaking across the sky.  If you look closely at the bottom photograph above, you can see Perseid Meteors.  I also took some shots of the greyhounds and found out about greyhound racing (something I knew nothing about). 

I have not yet posted any of my other Perseid Meteor photographs, but hope to have them on my website http://www.BestDigitalShots.com within a week or two.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP